Sentral Pty Ltd ABN 24 085 316 310 (Sentral, us, our and/or we) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of the policy
This policy applies to all information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable (you), whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not (Personal Information) that is collected, held, used and disclosed by Sentral.
This policy has been prepared in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
In this policy, we explain the kinds of Personal Information we collect, how and why we collect and use it, and what controls you have over our use of it.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding the collection and use of your personal information.
Personal Information that Sentral collects, uses, holds and discloses
The kinds of Personal Information we collect hold, use and disclose includes the following:
- date of birth;
- email address;
- phone number(s);
- family situation;
- identity of your parent, carer, child or other family members;
- marital status;
- academic results;
- IP address;
- occupation or position of employment;
- details of your school, business or company;
- details of the school your child attends;
- information about any complaints; and
- a record of the pages you visit on our website.
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is afforded a higher level of privacy protection. The kinds of sensitive information we collect and hold may include:
- health information;
- religious affiliation;
- medical information; and
- behavioural incidents
How Sentral collects and holds Personal Information
We usually collect Personal Information indirectly from our customers (for example, we may collect Personal Information about a student or parent from their school).
We may also collect Personal Information from you directly in the following ways:
- if you request us to provide you with a quote;
- if you place an order with us;
- if you request assistance from our online advisers;
- if you make a request for support online or by telephone;
- if you provide feedback in a survey;
- if you participate in promotional offers;
- if you subscribe to our mailing list; or
- if you disclose information such as contact details via our website
- if you apply for a job.
Sentral holds this Personal Information in a database which may be hosted on a cloud service within Australia or a server owned by a school we have collected the Personal Information from, also located in Australia.
We take reasonable steps to:
- protect your Personal Information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- ensure that our system is appropriately backed-up to prevent the loss of your Personal Information; and
- destroy or de-identify Personal Information when it is no longer required.
Security measures that we have in place to protect your Personal Information include the following:
- where possible, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information are used;
- physical access to our premises is limited;
- information access restrictions, including two factor authentication and different levels of security clearance;
- configurable account locking policies to lock out accounts after failed login attempts;
- all staff are required to sign confidentiality agreements and undergo relevant background and/or working with children checks; and
- we ensure that any third-party providers have appropriate security safeguards to keep Personal Information secure.
The purposes for which Sentral collects, holds, uses and discloses Personal Information
- Personal Information which is collected by Sentral will be held, used and disclosed by us for the primary purpose of managing, analysing and reporting on the Personal Information to our customers including: to facilitate and support school administration (this may include transferring a subset of information into another system; for example, transferring a list of student names to Google Classroom);
- to support and enhance our relationship with you (this includes processing your school order, providing better service and support, and sharing company news and information with you);
- to provide insights to schools, education departments and parents on the performance of an individual student or class relative to a larger group;
- to assess suitability of job applicants; and
- to deal with complaints.
Sentral may also disclose Personal Information to the extent required or authorised by applicable law.
Sentral does not sell any of your Personal Information. Sentral is not likely to disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients.
Access and correction of personal information
You have a right to request access to your Personal Information and to request its correction. Upon receipt of a written request from you, we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act to give you access to the Personal Information we hold about you within a reasonable period of time unless an exception to access applies under the Privacy Act.
Upon receipt of a written request from you we will comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act to correct any Personal Information we hold about you within a reasonable period of time.
If you have a complaint about the way we have dealt with your Personal Information, please make a complaint in writing to our Customer Support Manager, whose details are below. We will respond to all complaints within a reasonable time.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can refer it to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Customer Support Manager contact details
Customer Support Manager
Telephone: 61 2 9029 3993
PO Box 814
Chatswood NSW 2057