Privacy and Data Security Policy
At Sentral, your right to privacy and security is a major concern. Below are the guidelines we use for protecting your personal information. Please read the following carefully.
Sentral Education respects your privacy. At times as part of our core business we may collect, store and use your personal information for defined purposes. We use your information to support and enhance our relationship with you, for example, to process your school order, to better provide service and support, and share company news and information with you. We do not sell your personal information. You also may ask to see the personal data you have given us and request amendment, correction or deletion. We strive to protect the security of your personal data by use of appropriate measures and processes.
Information Sentral Education Collects
Sentral Education asks for specific types of personal information. We ask you to provide information that will enable us to:
- process your purchase or provide services to you;
- allow you to register for conferences, webinars or other training;
- respond to requests for information;
- support your relationship with us; and
- assist you with technical support issues or to follow up with you after our visit.
Sentral Education may collect information when you interact with us. Some of the instances when this happens might be when you:
- Request us to provide you with a quote;
- Place an order with us;
- Request e-mail notification from us;
- Request assistance from our online advisors;
- Make a request for support either online or by telephone;
- Provide feedback in a survey;
- Participate in promotional offers;
- Subscribe to our newsletter or mailing list; and
- Apply for a job or submit your resume/CV.
We may also collect personal information about you (such as demographic information) from third parties, including:
- third party service providers;
- publicly available sources of information; and
- in the case of job applicants, previous employers.
When you interact with Sentral Education staff, we may ask for some of the following information:
- your name;
- e-mail address;
- IP address;
- phone number; and
- occupation or position of employment.
We may also collect demographic information such as:
- details of your school, business or company; and
For job applicants, you may be requested to provide information such as educational background, employment experience, and job interest. We hold your personal information in:
- computer systems;
- electronic databases;
- telephone recordings; and
- hard copy or paper files.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. The ways we do this, include:
- where possible, using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive information;
- limiting physical access to our premises;
- limiting access to the information we collect about you (for instance, only those of our personnel who need your information to carry out our business activities are allowed access);
- ensuring that we and any third party providers have appropriate security safeguards to keep personal information secure; and
- destroying or de-identifying personal information as required by law.
Sentral will only disclose your personal information to the extent required or authorised by applicable law, if ordered or required to do so by a court or enforcement authority as appropriate, or to ensure that we are in compliance with our legal obligations.
Upon your written request and within 30 days we will inform you about the type of personal information we hold about you, the purposes for which we hold it and the possible recipients or types of recipients. Upon written request and within a reasonable period of time we will also amend, correct, delete or cease to process personal information if that information proves to be factually inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant to the purpose(s) of the processing.
If you are concerned that we have not complied with your legal rights or applicable privacy laws, you may bring a complaint internally through our complaints process or you may decide to make a formal complaint with the relevant privacy regulator.
If you would like to contact us, or have questions regarding our privacy statement, please write to us at:
PO Box 4401
Thornleigh NSW 2120